While digital currencies jumped in early morning trading sessions on Friday (ET), the new Terra token, LUNA 2.0, jumped more than 200% against the US dollar. LUNA jumped from a low of $1.90 to a high of $6.87 per unit, but the token’s price followed the high and fell to $5.41 per unit.
Terra Phoenix Blockchain Token LUNA Rally by 200%
- Bitcoin jumped 9.4% today, rallying above the 21K zone, while Ethereum rose 4.9%, surpassing $1,700 a unit. Amidst these jumps, Terra LNA, the new Luna token issued by the Phoenix blockchain, surged more than 200% against the USD on Friday.
- Currently, LUNA is up 175.2% after falling from its 24-hour high on Friday. In the 14-day period, LUNA has gained 224.1% against the dollar and the coin has a total market capitalization of around $978 million.
- At its peak, LUNA saw $2.55 billion in global trade volume, making it the seventh largest volume of all coins in existence today. Luna Classic (LUNC) is the sixth-largest token by 24-hour trading volume, posting $2.81 billion in global trading volume.
- Lunch is up 69.5% over the past seven days, but has lost 13.6% over the past 24 hours. The once-stable coin UST (now known as USTC) traded at close to $0.047 a US nickel, up 4% against the dollar on Friday.
- USTC has jumped 27.3% over the past seven days and two-week statistics USTC is up 55.9%. Terra’s former stablecoin today has a market cap of $461.67 million and an international trade volume of $211.24 million.
- Today, 57% of LUNA transactions are exchanged for Tether (USDT), followed by BUSD with 32% of all LUNA swaps. The Turkish Lira (TRY) has 7.15% of LUNA trading today, followed by the USDC at 2.27%.
- The US dollar represented 0.83% of global LUNA exchanges on Friday, followed by EUR, ETH and USDD.
- Terra 2.0’s decentralized finance (defi) total value locked up doubled on Friday, jumping from $24.72 million to $51.48 million. Riskharbor and Astroport are Terra’s largest Defi apps in terms of TVL.
- Riskharbor currently commands a value of $33.59 million while Astroport holds $16.7 million. Terra Defy’s app Stader currently has $2.61 million locked in, according to defillama.com metrics on Friday.
What do you think about Terra’s LUNA 2.0 that jumped over 200% on Friday? Let us know what you think about this in the comments section below.
Image credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons
DisclaimerThis article is for informational purposes only. It is not an offer or solicitation to buy or sell, or a recommendation or endorsement of any products, services or companies. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Neither the Company nor the Author shall be liable, directly or indirectly, for any damages or losses arising out of the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services referred to in this paragraph.